GETTING STARTED YOGA:
If you’ve never done yoga before or you haven’t in a while, getting started can seem like a daunting task. Many thoughts may be going through your head; am I flexible enough, am I strong enough, do I have enough experience, do I have the right clothing/equipment?? The answer to all those questions is YES you are 100% ready TODAY, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!
TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND REGISTER FOR A CLASS!
At Common Ground Yoga we use an online registration systems called mindbody. You can complete the new student registration, sign in to classes, and purchase packages and manage your account through the website or app. (Not a techy? No worries! Just come to your first class about 20 minutes early or call and schedule an appointment and we can get you set up.) We appreciate students signing into classes because it lets us know you’ll be coming and it reserves you a spot in class. Please sign in!
NOT SURE WHAT CLASS TO START WITH?
If your new to yoga we have some great classes to help you become acquainted with the practice! One of our most popular beginner classes is VinYin which we offer multiple times throughout the week. We also have a level system which helps students to better understand what to anticipate when attending a class. The “level” of the class is denoted next to the class name on the schedule.
- Level (I) Perfect for beginners! Instructors will help students to understand and practice the basic principles of yoga. Students will be lead through flow or series of poses suited for beginners (including but not limited to supported poses, standing poses and some balancing poses). Students will learn how to use props and modify poses to fit their needs.
- Level (II) Perfect for those looking to kick their practice up a notch! We will expand on the basic principles, start exploring more poses and fine tune alignment. The instructors will take students through more vigorous flows (including but not limited to standing and balancing poses as well as some inversions).
- Level (III) Perfect for those looking to advance their practice! Students will deepen their practice by learning to test their stamina and endurance within their breath and limitations. Expect lots of balancing and exploration of more advanced poses such as inversions and arm balancing.
The majority of classes at Common Ground are heated to 85-90 degrees. If you’re nervous about the heated studio you might start with our gentle yoga which is not heated. Also our class descriptions have information about the intensity of each class to help you choose where to go. We believe in you and we know that you are capable of taking any class at the studio…it’s just a matter of listening to your body and learning when and how to take rest. The hardest part of the class is just getting to your mat!
PREPARING FOR CLASS
We have all the equipment, mats and props you’ll need! Try not to eat anything heavy before class, bring water and come with an open mind, open heart and ready to enjoy the experience. We look forward to meeting you! (Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your first visit. This will give us time to get acquainted, give you a tour of the space, and get you settled in.)
WE ARE SO EXCITED YOU’LL BE JOINING US!
Here are a few things you need to know!
- Arrive about 15 minutes early to your first class. We want a chance to get to know you and make sure you have completed registration.
- Bring a yoga mat if you have one (we have some if you don’t), a towel and water.
- Come hydrated and try to avoid any heavy eating at least 2 hours before class.
- Common Ground Yoga uses an online reservation system. We appreciate students signing into classes because it lets us know you’ll be coming and it reserves you a spot in class. Please sign in!
- You can sign into classes without purchasing a class or package online. However, you are more than welcome to use our online store if you already know what you want.
- Come with an open mind, open heart and enjoy the experience. We look forward to meeting you!